Defy the Ordinary: 2022 Iceland - New Season Sale with Hurtigruten
Price: $4,649 USD per person
(based on double occupancy, Cabin Grade: 12, Category: Polar Inside, July 28 & August 7, 2022 onboard MS Fram, and includes all applicable discounts)
Savings: 20% PLUS Canadian Residents save an additional 20% PLUS receive $150 USD onboard credit per person
Voyage departure: July 28 or August 7, 2022
Video: New Iceland Sailings Available | Hurtigruten
Included in Your Expedition:
- Cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including select beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board (Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection and streaming is not supported)
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities onboard and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, and indoor gyms
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Iceland
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
Photo: Waterfall in Husavik, Iceland - Photo Credit: Chelsea Claus/Hurtigruten
Not Included in Your Expedition:
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
Circumnavigating Iceland - The Land of Elves, Sagas and Volcanoes (Itinerary 2) Itinerary:
Photo: Map of Circumnavigating Iceland - The Land of Elves, Sagas and Volcanoes (Itinerary 2) Itinerary
Day 1: Reykjavik, Iceland
Estimated time of departure is 8:00 PM
Our voyage of discovery starts in Reykjavik. The name of Iceland’s capital means 'Smokey Bay', so called because of the columns of steam that rise from its many hot springs. It is well worth booking a pre-cruise program to explore the charming and vibrant modern city Reykjavík as well as the surrounding geysers, mountains, glaciers and geothermal baths before boarding MS Fram for your expedition.
Photo: View of Reykjavik City Centre - Photo Credit: Genna Roland/Hurtigruten
Day 2: Stykkishólmur - Full Day
The friendly town of Stykkishólmur features beautiful, well-preserved old houses and is surrounded by wonderful scenery. Enjoy exploring the town´s interesting museums or join optional excursions to see such iconic sites on Snæfellsnes Peninsula as the Lóndrangar basalt cliffs or black sand beaches of Djúpalónssandur.
Photo: Búðakirkja, Highlights of Snæfellsnes Peninsula Excursion - Photo Credit: Genna Roland/Hurtigruten
Day 3: Patreksfjördur - Full Day
Patreksfjördur is a charming settlement on the west coast of Iceland with about 660 inhabitants. The picturesque fjord offers scenic hiking trails if conditions allow. Patreksfjördur is also close to the spectacular waterfall of Dynjandi and to Látrabjarg, a renowned site for birdwatching.
Day 4: Northwest Iceland - Exploration Day
Our experienced captain will plan a day exploring the stunningly beautiful fjords of northwest Iceland. Conditions will determine the final program and activity for the day. We might visit a small settlement, take you on hikes, or launch our kayaks.
Day 5: Djupavik - Full Day
In 1917, Elías Stefánsson settled down in Djupavik and built a herring salting factory. Today, you can still see the remains of the factory as well as seven houses and a hotel here. We will explore the landing site, and the beautiful natural scenery surrounding it.
Photo: Shipwreck in Djupavik, Iceland - Photo Credit: Camille Seaman/Hurtigruten
Day 6: Akureyri - Full Day
Akureyri is a lively town, famous for its botanical gardens and pretty traffic lights. It is the most populous community outside Reykjavík, and the center of trade, culture and services in northern Iceland. Akureyri is close to many of Iceland’s renowned natural treasures, like Mývatn lake and Goðafoss waterfall.
Day 7: Grimsey Island & Husavik - Overnight stay - Full Day
Step Across the Arctic Circle. We will use our tender boats to reach this green and grassy island. Grimsey is probably best known for its proximity to the Arctic Circle, which cuts through the island and you can step across. During the afternoon, we sail towards Husavik, arriving in the evening and staying overnight.
Day 8: Husavik & Langanes Peninsula
Húsavík is renowned for its whale watching and has several interesting museums, including, of course, a whale museum. In the evening, we will sail past the scenic Laganes Peninsula.
Day 9: Bakkagerdi - Full Day
Bakkagerdi is the main settlement in Borgarfjörður, an area known for its natural beauty and as “the land of the elves.” Puffin colonies abound in the fjord, making this a popular place for birdwatching. Bakkagerdi is off the typical tourist track, and offers peace, quiet and lovely views.
Photo: Bakkagerði, Iceland known as the "Land of the Elves" - Photo Credit: Karsten Bidstrup/Hurtigruten
Day 10: Heimaey - Full Day
The harbor at Heimaey or “Home Island” has a narrow entrance, formed by a volcanic eruption in 1973. As the lava flow threatened, the ingenious islanders pumped sea water onto the molten rocks to cool and slow its progress. Nearby cliffs provide a habitat for countless birds, including the charming puffin.
Day 11: Reykjavik
Estimated time of arrival is 6:00 AM
Our voyage of discovery and adventure ends in Reykjavik.