The Travelling Well Experience with Collette
Video: Collette's Travelling Well Experience with Jaclyn Leibl-Cote President, Collette
Collette's Commitment to Your Well-being and Enjoyment
Each guest that travels with Collette deserves a memorable and fulfilling travel experience. And Collette intends to continue to deliver on that promise. Your health, well-being, and enjoyment remain their top focus — just as it has been since they started in 1918.
Their team consults with health and security experts all around the world to ensure a healthy and enjoyable travel experience. Let’s take a look into the steps they’re taking for you.
Before Your Tour
Cancel for Any Reason Waiver
- Collette's Travel Protection Plan financially protects you in the event you need to cancel or move your trip to a different date.
Pre-Tour Health Screenings
- Collette will ask all travellers to complete a wellness declaration form before joining their tour.
Private Sedan Service
- Your ride to and from the airport will be stocked with fresh water for every pickup and all surfaces will be disinfected daily and after every passenger.
- Specific details will vary by airline, but standard operations typically include flight attendants wearing masks, sanitizing all surfaces between flights and physical distancing.
On Your Tour
- Tours will operate with a number of empty seats to allow guests to space out for a more comfortable experience.
Your Tour Manager
- Collette have employed new and enhanced hygiene & physical distancing protocols for tour managers. They are local experts and highly trained to handle a variety of unexpected situations — including illnesses and emergencies. They are also available 24/7 for guests throughout the tour should any situation arise.
Use of Face Masks
With many airlines and local establishments requiring face masks, Collette will be providing one reusable cloth mask to every guest for the foreseeable future — with Tour Managers, drivers, servers, and hospitality staff wearing them as well.
All surfaces will be sanitized often, including regular cleaning of high-touch areas with disinfecting wipes. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times and drivers will wear protective gear.
- Collette works closely with their local partners to ensure adequate physical distancing during meals, experiences, and sightseeing. Guests may be rotated in smaller sub-groups when necessary.
On-Tour Insurance Coverages
- When you purchase our Travel Protection Plan, you’ll have access to telehealth services should you need it, plus you’re covered on tour for emergency assistance, baggage loss, trip interruption, medical expenses, and more.
- Collette will ask all travellers to monitor their health throughout their tour, with protocols in place in the event someone becomes ill.
- Specific protocols will vary from destination to destination, hotel to hotel. Overall, rooms and areas like restaurants, fitness centres, etc. will be deep-cleaned regularly, with rooms disinfected thoroughly between guests. High-traffic areas like lobbies and elevators will be cleaned hourly.
After Your Tour
- After you get home, you’ll be able to share your opinions of your tour experience, allowing Collette to constantly improve for the benefit of future guests.
Our highest priority is to mitigate the risk in travel to our guests and employees, while resuming tour operations. We will continue to evaluate our operating plans and make necessary adjustments along the way. Rest assured, Collette delivers these experiences with a trusted team monitoring our tour departures globally, 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
To learn more about Collette's On Tour Health & Wellness Protocols
Photo: Collette logo